Our beautiful Dachshund passed away today. He will be missed. I am for once at a loss for words, but I couldn't let the day go by without posting a picture of him in honor of his good works here on Earth. We love you, Frank!
Monday, April 28, 2008
Posted by Sabra at 2:58 PM
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
My sister, Joan, and I commited to posting our top ten pet peeves. I encourage all of you bloggers to try. It's not as easy as I had once thought. Though once you start it's hard to stop. These are in no particular order (except for number one).
1. Those testicles people hang from their trucks are the most disgusting and degrading things I've ever seen. Is there no dignity left in this world? How am I supposed to explain that one to my kids? Thanks, folks! You do America proud!
2. Change...as in money. I hate when people just leave it around the house on countertops, tables, etc. It's dirty! Babies swallow money and poop it out all the time, and you lay your change on the same table you eat at?
3. Fanny Packs. Sorry Mom.
4. Mixed message Christmas yard decor. I particularly love the one with Santa kneeling at the manger. Keep it light and fun, or go with God. Pick one and stick with it!
5. Themed ties. I'm talking about cartoon ties, sports ties, motorcycle ties, etc. There are so many great ties out there. Live a little! Do we really have to resort to things that should only be worn on pajamas (and even that's a stretch)?
6. "Like." I can't stand when people use the word "like" over and over. It's especially annoying when the person is old enough to know better.
7. I'm so glad to see the Calvin & Hobbs era going to the wayside! That was getting old at super speed! Calvin decals peeing on everything from Fords to football teams! Right up there with the testicles! Have you no pride, people?
8. Local/low budget commercials. These drive me nuts. If you don't have enough money to do it right, then just opt out.
9. Church books. I know this is going to get the most feedback from my Mormon reading pals. I just don't think because you are Mormon and have a story to tell it's worthy of being published, purchased, and read! This is not true for all Mormon books, of course, but you know what I'm talkin' about! Some of these books barely form complete sentences much less entice me to keep reading. Only an LDS owned publishing company would look twice at most of these gems. I will refrain from naming any.
10. Hair on, in, or around any sink. Stomach churning for me.
Posted by Sabra at 11:24 AM
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Posted by Sabra at 8:05 PM
Saturday, April 5, 2008
We went to the fair today. ALL OF US! We had a wonderful time and not too many tears were shed. My parents talked us into going, and they were huge helpers! We wouldn't/couldn't have done it without them. Special thanks to Aunt Joyce for her extra tickets and parking pass!
Posted by Sabra at 6:35 PM