Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I Like Thomas Wyatt Lemmon!

~I like to write his name on scrap paper when I'm bored at church. Then I stick the scrap paper in my scriptures somewhere to be stumbled upon later.


~I like to wear his birthstone...not mine. I will put one of my two ruby rings on once in a while in hopes someone will ask me about the birthstone I'm wearing.


~I like to design tattoos using his name or his initials (no portrait tattoos or footprint tattoos, thank you) and know the entire time I would never actually go through with it.


~I like to pull down his box of pictures once a year and go through each and every one of them all by myself (selfish me).


~I like when Bob and I talk about our kids and how they all look like Lemmon's, and Bobby will tell me "T" looked like me (sweet lies).


~I like when family and friends text me because they are unsure of what to say but want me to know they remember.


~I like acting tough, so no one feels uncomfortable.


~Most of all I like knowing that he is my son forever. I like knowing I will be his mother for eternity (and eternity is a long time).


~"I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always." ~ Robert Munsch


9 comments:

Kimmy said...

i just love this...i love hearing about the little things you do that give a little glimpse into your heart regarding your sweet Thomas. what a beautiful baby!
i love you Sabra.

Julie Luke said...

Your words were beautiful and I know exactly how you feel, and you will always feel that way until the day you see him in the eternities, but how blessed we are to have that wonderful knowledge. I can't wait for that day to hold that precious daughter in my arms just like you and your son. Sweet thoughts!!!

cookie said...

Sweet baby Thomas. Thank you for writing this, you are amazing.

Megan said...

I love you, my friend.

Wendy said...

Such precious thoughts about a precious boy~you are a sweetheart. Hugs to you.

Janet Cox said...

sweet words of a Mother's love...

Jenn said...

I hardly ever visit the blogging world anymore, but when I do, I am always drawn to yours first and find the most tender posts there. How blessed is T to have you as a mom. And so are S, M, M, and S. And how lucky am I to have such a beautiful person as a friend! Love you!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

I never go on anyone's blogs anymore. Seems like it is twice a year if that now. But tonight was the night. And this is why I love you. I know the phrase all too well of trying to act tough. But in our quietest moments... we don't have to. Love your honesty, realism... your heart. Love you Sabe. And there are no words for that gorgeous picture of your baby.

Ben and Rebecca Moss said...

What a sweet tribute to your darling son! I miss you Sabra and all of your amazing toughness! you are truly an amazing woman. thank you for sharing this with me!