Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Katie Kat!



Today is my sister's birthday. There are four of us ladies. Katie is 364 days younger than me. We met back in 1982 and became fast friends. In 1984 Katie told me her parents were getting a divorce and so were mine. Then she went on to tell me her dad was going to marry my mom. That would make us sisters! No way! That only happens in the movies! I didn't believe her for a second! A year later our parents were married! She was right! We have been buddies a long, long time! Even our Cabbage Patch Kids were inseparable!

Kathleen Victoria Downing is the kindest, sweetest, most sensitive one of our bunch. She truly has a heart of gold. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body, and she means no one any ill will or harm. We always have each other's backs and have been in the other's cheering section (pictures of that another time) for many years! I love you, Sister. Thank you for being my sister blood or no blood.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell Katie Happy Birthday for me!
-Stephanie Touchman (Rogers)

Annette Bybee said...

True story? So sometimes you really CAN choose your sibs!

Tina said...

I hope she had a nice birthday...:)

I hope your birthday was nice too! Is it one the same day, or a day apart? Happy Birthday! (Yesterday?)

Gabriela Hull said...

Please tell Katie I say Happy Birthday. I was just reading my yearbook and I was thinking of her. (She was the first person I ditched with! We went to Miller's Outpost.)

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Katie!

Brandi enjoyed reading about your sister and loved the Cabbage Patch dolls!

Wendy said...

Hey Sabra! Happy be-lated birthday! I finally got Shaylyn to teach me this blog thing and yours was the first that I looked up to read about~I miss you. I think about you every day! I hope this month though difficult, has also been wonderful. You are a true lady in every sense of the word! Much love, W

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

You had a BIRTHDAY--Shout HOORAY!
Happy Birthday to you also! I hope you had a great one! You're doing a great job in Primary!
I remember those days! Primary is the best place to serve!