Monday, June 1, 2009

These is my Words!


"Sometimes I feel like a tree on a hill, at the place where all the wind blows and the hail hits the hardest. All the people I love are down the side aways, sheltered under a great rock, and I am out of the fold, standing alone in the sun and the snow. I feel like I am no part of the rest somehow, although they welcome me and are kind. I see my family as they sit together and it is like they have a certain way between them that is beyond me. I wonder if other folks ever feel included yet alone."-Sara Prine

This paragraph speaks volumes to me. It is me.

Fabulous book! No complaints. A must read. It's made my top ten list which is very tough to do.

6 comments:

Sioux said...

Good to know I am not the only one, either in this generation, or those past.

smitten4glitter said...

Wow i have to read this it sounds sooooo well like me. Will be getting it this weekend. Talk later where in the heck do I fit Hunger games in with this one too?????

Anonymous said...

Like I said before, I LOVE this book. For sure one of my favorites. There are two more books in the series. I've read all of her stuff and everything else by Nancy Turner is good, too.

The Hansens said...

I loved this book!!!

Granni P said...

Ithink we must all feel like this at some point or another. I began to feel the dissconnect around my 45th year and have yet to make it fully back into circle. Or maybe it is that the circle has gotten increasingly smaller. Best not to dwell!

Tina said...

Loved the book! I actually just finished the sequel too. I liked it too, but not as much as the first.

There is one more still, but I won't let myself sit down to it yet...