Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Another Tiny Miracle!

Last week I was making dinner and heard Mallory screaming. I ran to the garage and found Bobby's toolbox had fallen, and Tiny was under it. He could not be seen. I tried to lift the box (about 300+ pounds), but I was just able to lift it enough to see my baby was actually there. I screamed and screamed for help. Bob was inside napping, and he finally heard me and came running. He lifted, and I pulled. Mallory kept screaming.

My babe was pretty out of it, beat up, sweaty, and had thrown up what looked like several times. We took him to the ER. He had a CT scan of his head, neck, and body. Everything looked okay, but they admitted him to pediatrics to keep their eye on him. Dr. Rathle happened to be there checking on another patient and after examining Tiny and talking with us, we decided to take our boy home.

We are so fortunate he walked away from this.

If you have this type of toolbox you should bolt it to the wall somehow or separate the two pieces.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Sabra! Thank goodness he is still perfect!
Why do I have to read about these things, especially after I call you to see how everyone is doing? And you tell me things are "great". Then here I go texting you about my flooded house-which is so minimal and unimportant compared to your experience! I am so thankful that your baby is o.k.

Linsey F said...

That is so scary! Glad all turned out okay. He was definately being watched over!

megan said...

holy cow.

Kimmy said...

Oh my word. That would have totally freaked me out. It freaked me out reading about it. Geez. Tiny miracle indeed. So so thankful that he is ok. Wow. totally must of had a guardian angel.