Saturday, August 8, 2009

Favorite?

I mentioned in my last post that my grandma has a gift for making everyone feel special, and we all think we are her favorite. BUT...I think these pictures (if you look closely) will prove who is actually her favorite. Granted, many of her grandchildren were not present, but all of her children were and some key grandchildren were in attendance. I'd say the proof has been caught on camera. Anyone else see it?







We all met up for a special night in honor of my grandmother. It was a night full of laughs and even a few tears. Many memories were shared, but this was my favorite: One of her daughters wanted to drop out of college, and my grandma wrote her a letter, and it read, "The Lord will see to it that all the birds are fed, but he won't drop the food in the nest." This story fits my grandmother to a tee.

8 comments:

Carol Godinez said...

Aww! How cute! Happy Bday to your Grandma. I feel like I know her from all the stories. She sounds like an awesome lady. It's not hard to see why you're her favorite!

xenacat1 said...

What? A blue shirt? That was the most shocking thing to me. Great color on you!

Kimmy said...

She sounds like a perfect grandma! But of course you would be her favorite! ;)

Linsey F said...

What a wonderful grandma...you are very lucky. And I am sure you really are her favorite, how could you not be?!?!?! (Is Clayton your cousin? I used to work with him--small world)

Just Joan said...

The favorite?!?! Well that's because I was on the other side of the country. :) No, she really does make everyone feel like they are important and her favorite.

She is a strong lady that has taught everyone so much. My favorite memory of her is when I was upset about something someone said. She said "Joan, if the don't like it then screw 'em"...or something to that effect. I still always remember that advice.

Stephanie said...

So who initiated the hand holding?
I remember your Grandmother. Hard working, good woman! You have always thought the world of her. What a blessing to have such a wonderful person in your life! Total side note but I remember the water in the her bathroom looking sorta orange and smelling a little bit like sulfur. Do you remember this?

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! Of course you're her favorite!

Channon said...

i love that quote from your grandma! you are lucky you are your grandma's fav! my grandma liked to make everyone feel like her favorite, but when scott came along she made it known who her fav was, Scott....she told me, if you did not have him I would not love you. I love grandmas. I miss mine