Thursday, August 6, 2009

This Lady Is 80!

I have, hands down, the most amazing grandmother in the history of grandmothers. No! She is the most amazing woman in the history of women!

Today is my grandma's 80th birthday. She still runs a farm, a convenient store, and a family. She still irrigates if that tells you anything!

Things that make Evelyn Duke Berryman amazing would be her wisdom, her kindness, her unconditional love, her strength, and strong will. She can tell the best Peter Rabbit stories, and she still offers to rock me in her rocking chair when I'm sad or tired.

Back in 1981 we were introduced. I was six years old and looking for love and acceptance. My soon to be mother introduced us, and I didn't want to leave. She made me feel as though I was her favorite girl on earth, and she still does that today. Funny thing is, as I've aged I see she makes everyone feel like they are the favorite. That's a special gift.


This is my fabulous grandmother and her fantastic sister! This is also why I hate when two people try to take a group's picture at the same time. It just doesn't work, folks!

4 comments:

Sarah Blue said...

Irrigating at 80 is amazing. That is hard work. It's nice that you have such a loving Grandma.

Lindsay Adams said...

I'm in my 30's and I don't irrigate! Not that I know how...but still!

megan said...

Love the picture...you're looking in the right spot...that's all that matters...and that you're looking good :)

janet said...

You are alot like your grandma. You also make people feel like they are the most important person. I love and miss you alot.
Janet