Friday, March 2, 2012

Mr. Roboto!

First grade at Mesquite always has a robot family project. We use the word "family" loosely for these types of projects. We all get to put our input in, and we get asked what we think about this or that, but for the most part Bobby runs with the assignment. The best part is how he dreads it all week long and drags his feet, and then the night before he becomes this creative machine. I guess I'm not the only one who works best under pressure. I was going to take pictures of the actual creating of the robot, but Strider was more into it than Maverick.



When I was in sixth grade, we had to write a poem about space flight. I went to my dad for help. He is quite a poet. He told me to write anything down I knew about space flight, and he would then help me. I came in with a few little sixth grade ideas written down, and that was the last we spoke of it. The next morning, I woke up to a beautiful poem called "The Last Frontier Known As Space" by Sabra. Typical sixth grade title, right?

Ahhhh, yes...Family Projects...

Watch out second grade pirate ship project!!!

5 comments:

Linsey F said...

That is one awesome robot!! I remember when my dad helped me with my straw tower in Jr. High. The point was to have the tallest one. I had to take it to school in 3 parts!! I totally won! The other kids said I cheated, I called it "utilizing all available resources"! Gotta love the dads!

Kelly said...

In 6th grade we had an assignment to build a diorama of an Egyptian pyramid. Dad built me a wooden pyramid in which the pointed top moved to reveal the interior that I had decorated to be a tomb covered in gold.
Of course, I get to school & everyone else has cardboard boxes. My teacher picked my pyramid to be on display at the Yuma County Fair. I felt a little guilty about that, knowing Dad built it and not me. But of course, I took the credit anyways. Dads are awesome!

Katie Kat said...

Dad did the same thing with me, but with a castle. He built an entire castle with turrets and a draw bridge. Too funny. And I totally remember Kelly's pyramid. lol

Sabra said...

I remember the pyramid and castle. I left out the fact that my poem took second place at Pueblo, and Dad was irritated to say the least.

Sabra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.