Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Whom the gods love dies young...



Our first son, Thomas Wyatt, was born five years ago this month. July 24th to be exact. I promised a blogging friend I would post something about him and our experience(s). She swears it will prove theraputic, and I swear I don't need it, but we'll see. I love remembering him and reminding others of his life, so I will benefit either way.

I have never written anything in regards to him or our loss/gain, and I can see I can go no further at this time. "T" died September 5th just six weeks and one day old while napping at home. Maybe I will write more in September.

I will add this quote that makes me smile inside--"When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that, in truth, you are weeping for that which has been your delight." -- Kahlil Gibran

We love our boy, and he has made us so strong in so many, many ways. Happy Birthday, Son!

12 comments:

ashes said...

i love remembering him too sabe. just the other day i was going through some stuff "cleaning" and i came across the blue pacifier that i kept of his. i loved him so much.

Carol Godinez said...

You are a great example of great strength and faith.

Tina said...

Sabra, that picture is the sweetest. I really love the quote too.

megan said...

very brave...very very brave...you've lived through some serious opposition.

Kimmy said...

Sabra, my heart breaks for you. I cant help but think "in the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye cant see."
That picture is priceless. What a beautiful baby!

Anonymous said...

I thought about this a few days ago. I realized it was July and the month of his birthday. I know you said that is a really hard day for you. I can't even tell you how sad it makes me to think what you have gone through. I'll be thinking of you this month.

The McEwen Family said...

Sabra my heart goes out to you for being so strong. I never knew. That is a beautiful picture.

PEHNelson said...

I have read your post about 10 times now (not at all one sitting) thinking about how beautifully written it was. Wow. I have cried each time. You are an awesome example in many many ways. Thanks for letting me be just a tiny tiny tiny part of you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sabra, I think about your little sweet baby alot. I will never forget him or what you have endured. I am so sorry your family had to go through that. you are such a strong person and I admire you so much. I remeber his funeral like it was yesterday, I still hear the words to the poem that someone wrote and read there, "Little Tommy Wyatt on earth you were so quiet." I don't know why those words stuck with me, but any time at school when I would talk to one our students named Wyatt, I would hear the first line of that poem. He was such a beautiful baby, he was someone so special that all he had to do was get a body and then he passed his test, it will be interesting when this life is over to see what he is doing up there, he must have had a calling of great importance to have only been here for such a short time. Just know that even though I don't bring it up or talk about that I have never and will never forget the precious little Tommy Wyatt.

JennyandTyler said...

I was so happy to get your comment! I love finding new blogs. This post really touched my heart...how could it not. I know how much your family loves that little boy and i really look up to you and know that so many other people do as well. You are really a great example of faith and strength to others.

Heather Neese said...

What a beautiful picture of you two. Bless you for your strength and faith.

Sioux said...

Sabra, your courage, love and faith are truly inspirational.