Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hide-N- Sneak!

The other day Buddy (Maverick), and I had an argument over the issue of being hungry just five minutes after I had made him a turkey sandwich that he only took two bites out of.

Now back up an hour. I made Mallory a sandwich to take to school that morning, but she decided she didn't like my mom's homemade, blackberry jam because it has the seeds in it. I had left the bagged sandwich on the counter and moved on (irritated).

Now back to Buddy. I left the room after telling him I was not going to make him toast when I just made him a sandwich.

Okay, so I left the room, and when I returned the boy and the sandwich were missing. I saw the empty Ziploc bag on the counter, so I knew he was hiding somewhere eating, and since it was quiet I decided to shower. When I got out of the shower he was still quiet, and this is not normal. I started to panic thinking he might have choked. I was calling for him, and there was no response.

It took twenty minutes, but I did find him, and this is what I found!


He was behind the curtain! Sleeping!

9 comments:

Laydee said...

At least kids always leave evidence!

Stephanie said...

Was he asleep or just hiding? That's funny! Kids always leave behind evidence to what they are up to and then wonder how we know everything! We are amazing detectives!

Linsey F said...

That's hilarious! How long did you leave him there??

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I love how kids fall asleep in the most random places. I wish that were more acceptable for me!

Angela said...

Oh man, 20 minutes? My kids have fallen asleep in random places and it always freaks me out. Good thing he left a bread crust trail! Very cute.

leinbachfamily said...

I love it, the crust left behind is classic. My kids always ask for food after they don't finish their meals.

Anonymous said...

That is hillarious, Good thing he left evidence and you could see him under there, or you would have probably had a heart attack trying to find him, what a funny little guy!

Tina said...

Twenty minutes!

Funny how a little bread crust can look cute there on the ground.....

Marcie said...

Oh my goodness...the stories only get better the more I read!