Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Have A Dream!

Much of my life I wanted to be a motivational speaker. Strange, I know. Anyway, one of my all time favorite speaches is Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have A Dream." I love the words, but even more is the manner in which it was delivered. Passion. This speach made history, and still today small children learn about him and his words when they are in elementary school!

Here is a worksheet Kibbee (age 7) did in class. I laughed out loud when I saw it and thought everyone would enjoy it.




"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I have a dream that no one will smoke and no one will die. My dream is to be a rockstar like my dad." - Mallory Lemmon

12 comments:

Carol Godinez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Godinez said...

How cute! Very Mallory! I'm not surprised though...when the kids drew Bobby on a birthday card for him, they drew him on a stage and behind a drum set...very rock star.

Suzanne C said...

that's a keeper!

Boyd and Suzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Boyd and Suzy said...

Sabra,
I miss you. What a blast reading about your family's adventures
Suz

Lisa Love said...

It is so fun to see into the minds of little kids. Did Bobby know he is a "rock star"? Sabra, you would be an awesome motivational speaker. I would come here you anytime!

Granni P said...

I love you Mallory!!

Laydee said...

the next hannah montana, people??

Natalie Lundberg said...

Too cute! Didn't know Bobby was a rock star...where have I been?

Tina said...

It's fun when kids show you what is going on in their thoughts...:) She's great!

Anonymous said...

OK that is the coolest thing ever!I bet Bobby was pretty proud of that!

The Davis Diaries said...

Hilarious! I love it. Halle sis some math work the other day and her teacher asked how she got her answer and she said, "I thought real hard and I guessed!"