Monday, March 16, 2009

Looking For Treasures!




I heard Maverick banging something, but I figured it was on his sisters' bathroom door with his fist. They were showering, and he often bothers them. I was wrong.

He was "looking for treasures" on the side of our house! He was so proud of himself. He came and got me to show me what he was working on. I couldn't even begin to be upset with him, so I called in his dad. Bobby couldn't work up any anger either, but he did sentence him to his room with a little talking to.

What's a parent to do in this situation? I really don't think he thought he was doing anything wrong. He did it out in plain sight with our backdoor wide open. He wasn't being sneaky or mischievous. He was just being a pirate!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Sabra,
When Brandon was in his toddler years, he put a really nice ding in my brand new Dining Room table with a hammer!
The funny thing is, I can't part with the table. I still have it today! When I look at the table, it reminds me of days gone by and the precious toddler years! I will hang on to the table forever!
I will probably give it to Brandon someday! Happy Birthday To maverick! He is a cute boy!

Linsey F said...

You can't yell at a pirate! You should get him the book "Pirates Don't Change Diapers" or "How I Became a Pirate" by Melinda Long and David Shannon. Very cute...it might help him channel his inner pirate!

Wendy said...

Is Mavrick the one that accidently called my cell phone yesterday?! I heard you and a little boy talking (sounded like you were driving) but you never left a real message! :P Lol!
I recall a certain someone polished her nails and accidently spilled bright nail polish onto my new carpet...any idea who that may have been? I swore one day that when she became an adult and had her own home, I would return the favor... :) Haven't yet...

Tina said...

Too bad he didn't at least find some treasure!

Granni P said...

OK, I can totally relate. You know the story of Aaron and the hole in the bedroom wall. He was the same age as Buddy. He actually dropped the little Fisher Price people into the hole and was making it bigger so he could get his "treasure" out. The little dog we called Sadie is still in there to this day I am sure. I told you Buddy reminded me of Aaron. Now you know! I remember thinking he was banging the closet door.

Kimmy said...

Such a creatice young mind. "looking for treasures"- thats a winning excuse if I've ever heard one.

Natalie Lundberg said...

Oh, What a stinker! lol It's only a matter of time before I have a start list of funny things boys do...with hammers, dirt, poop,....fill in the blank

Marcie said...

Wow!! Now I am really scared to have kids!!