Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thoughts On My First Born!


My first born turned 11 yesterday (April 20). I don't want to brag or anything, but this kid is something special. She is so patient, kind, loving, generous, obedient, and sensitive. I could go on and on. She has taught me more in her 11 years than I learned in the lifetime (23 years) before she came along.

I have learned the sacredness of motherhood. I have learned that a child is not anything like having a dog. I have learned what type of example I am. I have learned that I don't know anything. I have learned that I will never know everything. I have learned you can't please them all of the time, but when you can and do it is a wonderful feeling. I have learned that I want more for her than I ever had or will have, and my mom and birth mother wanted the same for me. I have definitely learned it's never enough. I have learned there is no one way to raise a child, but I am trying my best.

Happy Birthday, Boops!

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sweet post!

Kimmy said...

I love this! Happy Birthday to Syd! She is something special- thats for sure!

Suzanne C said...

Great post for your daughter, Sabra! Has it really been 11 years already?? Adam will be 11 in July and it blows me away! happy B-day Syd!

PEHNelson said...

I love Sydney!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Sydney! You are a sweet girl, very kind and always smiling! Soon you will be in YW, WOW!

cookie said...

Amen and Happy Birthday Sydney!

Granni P said...

Great Post Sabe. Love my sweetest second born grandbaby!!! I am the most blessed among grandmothers!

Carol Godinez said...

We love Syd and totally agree with you...she's a special girl.

Laydee said...

oh i remember her little outfit.... i can't even imagine my next 11 years with #1!!

The McEwen Family said...

that was a very sweet blog! Hope she had a wonderful birthday!

Heather Neese said...

Hi Sabra! Holy cow, I can't believe you have and 11yr old! That is my husbands birthday by the way. Happy birthday to your baby!

Tina said...

This is such a nice post...

You are so right that there is no one way to raise a child. The ways are as individual as the people involved. Every time I think I know anything, the "rules" somehow change.

I love the picture!