Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chicago!



I had the honor of attending a literacy conference in Chicago this week. I was gone Monday through Friday, and my husband did it all while I was gone (again with no complaints).

I went with Regina from ALPS, and we had a great time attending workshops and seeing the sights. Bobby and I went to Chicago about a year and a half ago, so it was fun dragging Regina to all the things I felt she HAD to see. We did the Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park, Shedd Aquarium, Field's Museum of Natural History, Navy Pier, and we ate at some amazing restaurants. I mustn't fail to mention the great presenters at the conference and the super informative classes I sat in on.

On our first evening sightseeing, I dropped Regina's camera and broke it. I blame it on the gloves I was wearing. This Yuma girl is just not accustomed to wearing gloves. I handed my camera over to Regina for the week, so I don't have any pictures, yet. I know she'll share when she's ready.

We stayed at The Blackstone (the green roof pictured above) which is famous for boarding presidents and Al Capone. We were on on the 20th floor of 23 which required a key in the elevator. We were pretty impressed with ourselves. Our room was quite posh, and we were excited to have our own beds! When Regina made our reservations we were told there were no more double rooms, so we had agreed to snuggle. You can imagine our relief when we walked in and saw two beds!

Great trip! I learned a ton, and I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to attend. My sixth grade class did fine without me, and for that I am relieved. Thank you, Rancho, for all of your help and support! Thank you, Bobby, for always supporting me.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

sooo jealous! I love chicago! Autumn loved the Shedd Aquarium

Sarah Blue said...

What a great adventure! I want to hear more about the food you ate while in Chicago. ;)

Granni P said...

So glad you got to go and so happy to have you back even if we never see each other anymore. Someday I may go to Chicago.

Tina said...

The whole thing sounds like such fun. I think I am jealous of each and every part of it.

Carol Godinez said...

Glad you're back! I didn't know you and Bob went to Chicago. I must have missed that one...

Kimmy said...

How fun Sabe!