Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Buddy is 5!

I remember as if it were just yesterday...I was sitting comfortably in the recliner, holding my beautiful, perfect, newborn baby boy, and watching my gorgeous girls roughhouse on the floor while thinking, "Wow! Life doesn't get much better than this. Our family is complete. I am content."

Just a few weeks after that moment my baby boy passed away. I told Bobby in the midst of my turmoil that I would never ever bear more children, and he swore he would never ask me to.

About a year and a half later I gave birth to another beautiful baby boy (head was/is a little big), and I am so grateful I did.

Maverick has been so many things in my life:

-He has been a test of my patience from the minute I came around to bringing another child into this world.
-He has taught me how to go without sleep for days at a time and still function.
-He has been my teacher in showing me the true difference between raising little boys vs. little girls.
-He has been my humbler (Is that a word?) by proving to me I know very little about parenting.
-He has been my "Bed Buddy" from day one (We share a pillow still).
-He has been a promise from my Heavenly Father that everything is going to be okay.

I love this kid. Happiest Birthday, Buddy!




Yes, that's a bite out of the 5.

10 comments:

Katie Kat said...

How sweet Buddy looks with his cake! I remember you telling me that there wouldn't be any more kids after Thomas Wyatt and just look at the wonderful boys you have. I am so proud to be your sister. You are a wonderful mom and have more patience than I can even imagine. Love you!

megan said...

the bite...out of the 5...classic.

xenacat1 said...

Did someone actually consume a bite of candle?

Boyd and Suzy said...

Happy Birthday Maverick!! You have an amazing mom!

Viewing your blog makes me miss you more! You were the best thing while I lived in Yuma!! I mean that. Miss you!

Suzanne C said...

Happy Birthday to BOTH of you! Bearing him was a rebirth of sorts, don't you think? And what a blessing!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Maverick!

Tina said...

That's a great cake, and what a happy guy holding it!

Sarah Blue said...

Little boys are Terrific! I'm glad you were able to have Maverick. He's a great kid.

Happy Birthday!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Happy Late Birthday Buddy! I miss having him in Nursery. Life always has a way of surprising us... doesn't it? You are awesome Sabra.

ashes said...

Grammy make a mean cake! Wish I got one on my birthday..