Monday, March 15, 2010

nook!


Yes, it bothers me not to put a capital "N" on the name, but I'm dealing with it.

I am headed to Chicago this week for a literacy conference. The other night I went to sit on the couch in my usual spot, and I moved a pillow to make space for myself, and low and behold my sweet husband had hidden the nook underneath! He is always so good to me. I was hoping for one, but I didn't think it would happen until grad school graduation (SUMMER!).

I will let you all know how I like it on our first trip together. I am hesitant about never holding a book in my hands again. I'm hesitant about not having all of my favorites on my shelf. I'm hesitant about not being able to hand off some of my favorites to all friends and family. Though, I am excited to have a million books available at all times. I am excited to only have to lug around a very light digital reader, and I am super excited to share digital books with fellow digital readers.

So, as you can see there are pros and cons. Like I said, I will let you know.

6 comments:

megan said...

I have the kindle app on my itouch and love it...yes its sad not to swap books but c'mon the 10 seconds waiting for a book to load with 1-click??? priceless...no browsing books with kids screaming up and down the isles...killer - love it! matt just bought a kindle and told me it was off limits to me. We wanted to get one for my mom, but she's old school and can't part with the book thing. They'll be gone in 10 years - my prediction

Just Joan said...

I am excited to see how you like it...I might need to get one since you always send your books my way. How do you already have one and I don't...I am supposed to be high-tech one remember!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Girl... you'd be proud of me that I have actually just finished reading eclipse. Now I can officially say I am a Twilight Fan. Wish I was when I lived in yuma! But to everything, there is a season... and mine always comes later than everybody else! I have thought about getting one of those. Maybe one day. Enjoy your trip and your nook!

Wendy said...

That's really cool! A lady where I work had one and I had no idea that those even exsisted...being not much of a reader and all~I hope it is everything you hope for and more! Enjoy your flight!

Granni P said...

Sorry, I just couldn't give up the feel of the paper in my hand. Never mind I wouldn't be able to see the letters!!

Lindsay Adams said...

So how does it compare with a kindle?