Monday, June 14, 2010

Rancho Viejo!

I had the honor of teaching reading intervention this school year at Rancho Viejo School. RV is a hidden treasure among Crane Schools. I won't get into details, but let's just say Crane tries to keep the "neighborhood school" method going, and if you have driven by Rancho you know the kinds of neighborhoods Rancho is primarily serving.

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I enjoyed attending a Crane celebration which honored my mom for her 30 years of service. Well, they also honored teachers from around the district for their leadership type actions or their extra acts of kindness. I had to laugh inside at the little essays our superintendent read when they were receiving these recognition awards. The things these women were being recognized for are literally things the staff at Rancho does every, single day.

An email came from the district asking us to nominate employees that have gone above and beyond. I could think of many to nominate, but for Rancho employees this is just how we "roll" (for you Jacque). It would be almost shameful to accept the recognition for doing something that comes so natural to an RV staffer.

Rancho is staffed with the kind of educators Hollywood makes movies about. Oprah could do countless specials on the inner workings of Rancho! I witnessed many out of the ordinary, extra mile, unselfish acts in my one school year.

My life has changed because of this last year. I have met some amazing men and women and some extraordinary students. My faith in this world has been restored. There is so much good happening all around us, and we don't even know it. I had the unique opportunity to sneak a peek.

Thank you, Rancho Viejo!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I agree! I'm a parent of a child with special needs. I loved everything about RV.

We were there because of the caring, dedicated teachers, principal and staff and the sincere love they had for Brandi.

Through Brandi's time at RV,I was often asked why RV? I felt misunderstood.

Brandi had Mrs. Reichelt(teacher of the year)for two years at RV. What an extraordinary two years for Brandi!

You can't always judge a school by neighborhoods. I have been a strong parent advocate for Brandi through her elementary years, RV was the best!

I'm happy to hear about your positive experience at RV. Thanks for sharing! There is alot of "good" happening around us!

Carol Godinez said...

As a product of RV...I agree with you 100%. It's a great school with great and loving teachers. I loved my time there. They took me from ESL to Honors Classes. They have a unique way of motivating their kids...just plain love.