Monday, October 25, 2010

This Is A Joke, Right?


My sister, Katie Kat, and her awesome friend, Robert, were perusing a new bookstore today and found this little treasure.

She of course, texted me a photo of it right away.

Unbelievable on so many levels was my response.

1. Who needs Cliffs Notes for a Nicholas Sparks' book?

2. This little, yellow book means professors and teachers out there are requiring a Nicholas Sparks' book to be read for their classes.

3. There is actually a teacher's guide to go along with this gem. Unreal.

4. I am floored that someone has the audacity to shelf this yellow book along side truly great Cliffs such as Jane Eyre, The Good Earth, Moby Dick, Pride and Prejudice, To Kill a Mockingbird.

5. I especially love the photo featured of Slick Nicky right on the front cover. That is sure to sell some copies.

Thanks for the smiles Kat and Robert!

6 comments:

Just Joan said...

I wish I could leave a pic as a comment. She sent me a pic of a book. It was one of those Dick and Jane books, hilarious. Dick and Jane and Vampires. The cover is ridiculous...a vamp chasing Dick and Jane.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Wvav-uUB1G0/THwYQVhS8nI/AAAAAAAAKE0/5Nfu9VX4SFI/s400/9780448455686H.jpg

xenacat1 said...

OMGosh, Sab! That made me think of back when I worked at the paper in New Bern before little Kent was born, and I did book reviews sometimes. I did a Nicholas Sparks book, which I didn't like (I can remember actually rolling my eyes while I was reading it). And, him being from North Carolina, he had a lot of local fans. So, boy did I catch heck for that review!

Katie Kat said...

Still lmao! Anything to get them to read I guess...actually, I'd just watch the movie. Ryan Gosling is pretty cute! Friggin hysterical.

Suzanne C said...

I like his books as a "light" read, but cliff notes? Standards have really been lowered.

Suzanne C said...

Oh, and Joan? The vampire chasing Dick and Jane is hilarious!

Laydee said...

i almost fell off the bed laughing.