Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bound & Determined!



A vocabulary word this week for my ELL students was "errands." As a visual for them I created a "To Do" list on the board and explained how my mom is a chronic list creator. She lives by the list, so therefore, I refuse to be a lister. There are so many things I am bound to do just like my mom/dad, and then there are things I am determined not to do like my mom/dad.


Bound To Do:

Dance while driving and sometimes brake to the beat

Read multiple books at a time

Excessive use of the word "friggin"

Say certain words and phrases while requiring a New York accent "We love ya's."

Throw my head back and laugh out loud...very loud

Integrate sarcasm in absolutely any type of situation/conversation

Be my children's biggest fan

Find humor in most things...even inappropriate things

Be the bigger person


Determined Not To Do:

Wear a housecoat

Claim there are barking spiders in public

Wear fanny packs (see picture previous post)

Collect anything

Scream at an athletic event live or on television


I think I will add more to this list, but this topic was on my mind today after chatting with two friends at work. It's so easy as a parent to beat yourself up for what you did and didn't do, and it's easy for a child (myself) to remind parents of all they did and didn't do.

I love my parents. Friggin' nutballs!

Did I just make a list?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

haha! Joan says friggin all the time too, just noticed that!

Linsey F said...

I dance while driving AND brake to the beat too!!! Glad I am not alone.

And I am glad you have chosen to opt out of the house coats and fanny packs. Your kids will thank you some day.

Suzanne C said...

Oh, Sabra, thanks for making me laugh!!

Terri said...

Sabra,
that is why you and Jana get along.
ask her what she did this week to somebody.
Weidmans love you!

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.