Wednesday, March 23, 2011

1:59 = I'm Adopted!


"Another One Bites the Dust" is one of my theme songs. It's a song most Americans love or at least can identify within the first two beats (with the exception of probably my mother). I remember singing to Queen at the top of my lungs with my cousins in their Camaro back in 1980. I was so little, and I had no idea what was ahead of me on this road of life, but I knew me some Queen.

A few short months after the Camaro phase, I was adopted.

Now, you tell me that Freddie is not shouting, "I'm adopted!" at the 1:59 point in this song.

I'm telling you, this is my song.

3 comments:

Linsey F said...

I agree. That's what he says. I always wondered.

Sidenote: When I used to work in HR/Payroll. I would sing this song to myself every time I moved an employee's file from "employed" to "no longer employed". It some how made it all better. Although I doubt that employee would have appreciated it. :)

It's a classic.

kimberly said...

YES!! Funny I wanted to have that played at my wedding way back then in 1980....who knew!

LOVE YOU SABRA!!!

The Davis Diaries said...

Nice!!! I can't believe that tiny isn't tiny and your girls are young women! They are beautiful! I ALWAYS seem to buy Chad a tool that he has already or can't use without another EXPENSIVE piece to go with it! Bless the Sears gift card! :)