Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Colorado River!






After eleven years of oppressing Bobby, I finally okayed the idea of a boat. Really, the Mangum family was coming for Memorial Day weekend, and I thought it would be a fun thing for us to enjoy together! They didn't end up coming, and now we are stuck with this boat.

I'm kidding!

Today was our first trip out in the boat. Bobby was back in his element. The Lemmon family was raised on the river in the summers and the dunes in the winters. I felt like I was depriving him of something all these years. The kids took right to it. Minus Tiny who has some freakish fear of water (even a melted ice cube on the floor). Buddy was especially comfortable in this new environment. It made things quite nice for me, and now the Colorado River is my friend! We went with our next door neighbors who are so wonderful to us. They are so patient and kind with my kids and such fine examples/reminders of how we should be. Joan also came along, and I'm so glad she did. She was a huge help, and the kids (and me) love having her around in the summers.

P.S. No sunburns, Mom! I used an entire bottle of sunscreen!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast! Bobby looks very relaxed in that picture of him in the chair. I can't believe how much that pict of him reminds me of his dad. How fun that you guys got a boat, that will make for some fun memories with your family!

PEHNelson said...

How fun for boats! The Nelson's are the same way! They love going waterskiing or wakeboarding and tubing. I on the other hand am still learning to love the boat (a good fear my mother put in me....well maybe a not a "good" fear, but a fear nontheless. Paul goes out weekly in the boat. He calls it 'Water Wednesdays' or 'Thirsty Thursdays.' He doesn't do weekends....way to busy for him! But I am gonna make a better effort of liking the boat this year. So yay for summer!

Anonymous said...

Boating is so fun! We don't have any desire to own a boat but we love going with friends who do. I'm sure your kids will love it all summer and never get sick of it.

The McEwen Family said...

I am SO jealous! I miss going out to the river! We use to go out every weekend when i grew up too. I hope you guys enjoy your boat and have alot of fun this summer!

Kimmy said...

So I was gonna say-"nice rack" in regards to the sand art, thinking that was you buried under there, but upon a closer look I realize thats your daughter. Totally inappropriate. My apologies.

Stephanie said...

That's exciting fun! David would love to have a boat someday too! I'm not so sure! Sorta sounds like a lot of work (like camping). I'm a baby when it comes to outdoorsy adventurous stuff. Someday maybe, but that's way fun for you guys! The pictures look like you had a blast!

Heather Neese said...

I LOVE the picture with the windblown hair! Fantastic. Boats are fabulous. Enjoy the speed!