Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cruising Around!


I remember teaching myself to ride a two wheeled bike in the backyard of my Uncle Boyd's house at six and a half years old. It took a while. I was very unsteady, and I fell many times over.

A week or two ago Maverick asked Bob to take the training wheels off his bike. The boy just took off as if it were old hat. This kid is amazing...So I thought. A week or two later his cousin who is the same age asked Bob to take his trainers off, too. He took off as if it were nothing, as well. Is this just a boy thing? There was certainly no shaking and nothing but steady riding.

It's so strange seeing a very small three year old riding a bicycle. He just seems so small still, and he's cruising around on a bike. I will add that he asks to put the trainers back on every single day. Weirdo!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I agree, it must be a boy thing!
I remember Brady and Brett taking off on their bikes when they were really small, I was surprised! I thought the same thing! Brianna, on the other hand, wants nothing to do with her training wheels coming off!

The joy of little boys! :)

Tina said...

And Riley still has her wheels on!

Maybe it IS a boy thing...

Stephanie said...

It's a boy thing plus personality. It's a fearless thing I think. My oldest is very cautious about anything physical and he was slow to ride a bike. In fact I think that my second boy learned before the first did. My second and my third both did just what Maverick did, begged to have them off and then after I explaining to them that they were going to fall and get hurt they rode off like little champs. They are both fearless!

BlairsTown said...

I'm with everyone else, it's a boy thing. My boys just did it, especially Kaleb he was little too. My girls were forced into it because their little brothers were already doing it!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute. Skyler was the same way. Kenz on the other hand just had her wheels come off last year when she was 4, but she too asks daily for her training wheels back on. She is pretty wobbly though and has trouble turning. Way to go Mav.

The McEwen Family said...

wow what a big step I'm so proud of him!