Monday, June 6, 2011

Trust 30 Day 4

In true form, I have fallen behind. Typical.

That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him. Where is the master who could have taught Shakespeare? Where is the master who could have instructed Franklin, or Washington, or Bacon, or Newton? . . . Shakespeare will never be made by the study of Shakespeare. Do that which is assigned you, and you cannot hope too much or dare too much. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Identify one of your biggest challenges at the moment (ie I don’t feel passionate about my work) and turn it into a question (ie How can I do work I’m passionate about?) Write it on a post-it and put it up on your bathroom mirror or the back of your front door. After 48-hours, journal what answers came up for you and be sure to evaluate them.

I do not feel passionate about me. How can I feel more passionate about myself?

1 comments:

Sarah Blue said...

Over the years, the counsel that has worked most faithfully when someone has not been thrilled with themselves is to ask other people to name a few things they like/admire/think are awesome about you. Write down the things they say, then post it on your wall. Sometimes we get so caught up thinking about all the things we can't do, that we fail to see all the amazing things we *do* do. Also, sometimes we don't recognize that the things we are doing *are* amazing. To us, they are just the norm.

So, to start things off, some things I like/admire about you are:

1) How inclusive you are. From the moment I arrived in town, you started inviting me to different things. You've done the same for other new gals too. It is very nice to feel welcomed and wanted, and you did that for us.

2) How smart you are about reading. You have such great ideas about what to read and why things are/are not great reads. The class you taught at Stake RS Conference was phenomenal.

3) You are a shnazzy dresser.

Good luck with your goal!